Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lazy Lucy

Lazy: "averse or disinclined to work, activity, or exertion; indolent."

Why is it I feel lazy as soon as I spend any time on the couch watching TV? I have jogged, walked AND done the 10min challenge today... but because I've been sitting on the couch for 2hrs now (30min of which was eating dinner), I feel like I haven't made full use of my time. I think it's because I watch all the Biggest Loser contestants talk about all the times they could be working out rather than sitting on the couch... it makes me feel like I should be exercising.

In any case... happy hump day! We've made it through yet another!Today consisted of my morning jog, my lunch time walk and the ten minute challenge after work. Today's challenge looked a little like this...
1: 15 push ups, 25 squats, 12 push ups, 25 squats
2: 30 bicycles, 30 reverses, 20 jumping lunges... repeat
3: 15 tricep dips, 60sec wall squat... repeat
Finale: 55sec plank
Total time: 11min! I shaved off a minute... I'm getting there!

Here's what today's food looked like...
Breakfast: berries (1), ww bagel (2), egg (2)
Snack: green smoothie in my new blender which worked well! (3)
Lunch: edamame salad (1), yogurt (1)
Snack: cocoa almonds (2)
Dinner: shrimp n' veggie stir fry (1), banana ice cream (2)
Snack: banana (2) w/ PB (2)
Total: 19
Water: 4L (maybe one more!)

So, the scale is not my friend this week. Hard to say where it will be at tomorrow, but it's safe to say I'm not looking at that 6lb loss this week (if a loss at all... thank you TOM!). A colleague (who is at her goal, but would like to lose a bit more before her WEDDING!) and I have decided to issue our own 'healthy' challenge for this weekend... we aren't going to indulge at all. I think trying not to use any flex points will definitely help for WI next week. When I look at last weekend's eats... I shouldn't have indulged in baked lays on Saturday and shouldn't have eaten so much popcorn on Sunday... and shouldn't have even had that spoon of icing and cake batter. I know I could have done a lot worse, but they were things I didn't need. I'm going to attempt to be strict this weekend... despite going to a BBQ with Alex's friends on Saturday!

In any case... tomorrow's the day. Is it bad that I already can't WAIT for my subway? I think I am addicted.

2 comments:

Tara said...

OK, my darling...you need to NOT be so hard on yourself. You are jogging and walking almost every day PLUS doing the 10 minute challenge every other day. Taking into account that excercise, you need to remember that you are allowed to live and that your ACTIVE body needs calories!! You have been doing AWESOME and your food is almost always around 18-20 points which makes me believe that you need to use SOME of your flex points? And your indulgences could have been SOOOO much worse...all you had was some baked lays, some popcorn and A spoonful of icing and batter. In my eyes, you are Wonderwoman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have amazing willpower and you will get there.
OK, I will be quiet now!

Tara said...

Sounds like a good plan! Just see what happens. I just think you're at the point that I was at when I was getting closer to goal and excercising lots and not giving my body enough food. I was eating my daily points and some or most of my flex points and then I had to start eating half of my excercise points!
I'm worried that my Jen is hungry!!!
LOVE YOU :)