Monday, July 06, 2009

I have NO ABS

Ten minute challenge day! I have realized I have ZERO abs... crunches are the death of me. The good news is that it makes me want to do more and actually GET some abs!

Check in for the challenge:
Circuit 1: 10 push ups, 20 squats, 10 push ups, 20 squats (at least I did more push ups today)
Circuit 2: 26 bicycle crunches, 25 reverse crunches, 20 lunges, 26 bicycle crunches, 24 reverse crunches, 20 lunges (I was dying by the end of the 2nd reverse crunches. I also changed the lunges to jumping lunches a la Biggest Loser Cardio workout. Don't know why I prefer them)
Circuit 3: 15 chair tricep dips, 60sec wall squat, 15 tricep dips, 60sec wall squat
Finale: 30sec plank (yep, down from the other day... like I said, abs were killing me!)
Total time: 12min again (working on getting that down)
I have also done 300 reps on thigh master and 300 reps of using thigh master for chest presses. I attempted to do more cardio tonight via the Core Rhythms DVD... but I got lost. Got 15min in though. I'll try it again another day but go back to the first DVD where it teaches you the steps. I did get a 45min jog this morning. I did not get a walk in. I totally forgot I had said I'd go out to lunch with one of our admin ladies. We went for sushi. YUMMY!!!!

Well, speaking of food... here's what I ate today:
Breakfast: 1c kashi golean (3), 1/3c puffins (0), 1/2c skim milk (1)
Snack: green monster (3)
Lunch: 12 small pieces of sushi (6), miso soup (1)
Snack: banana bread larabar (4)
Dinner: arctic gardens thai veggies (0), chicken breast (3)... with 1tbsp jack daniels bbq sauce
Total: 21
Water: 4L

Today's only food photo... dinner

I already have tomorrow's lunch made and the dishes done. All that's left is to relax and watch the Bachelorette and retire to bed at a decent time!

Tara... how exactly do you make your green monster? I keep looking at the Amazing Grass stuff (plus, I want their plastic bottle!). Any idea how it's different than the Greens+ we can get here?

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hey Jen!!
Good work on the challenge :) You're doing awesome!! Your food today sounds good...especially the sushi...mmmmm veggie sushi!! Sometimes living in Lindsay just sucks!!
As far as my smoothies go, I've just been using frozen fruit (strawberries, pineapple and a bit of banana for sweetness) plus almond milk or soy milk (usually 1c. for 1 point) plus a scoop of the amazing grass all blended up with my stick blender (it's got a lot of power!!). I had been putting spinach in as well but for some reason I didn't feel like buying any this week!
The amazing grass is probably the same as the greens+ around here. I didn't really look into it - it was a spur of the moment purchase one night!!