Monday, July 20, 2009

Holy Healthy Hannah!

Sometimes a girl just needs a day off. Today was one of those days for me. I am wishing I would have taken more than one little vacation week this summer... but I will use up my vacation in the fall or at Christmas. In any case, I couldn't get myself out of bed this morning and decided a sick day was in order. I got out of bed by 8am and lounged around until later in the morning when I enjoyed a full 1hr jog. I did do the challenge today too. I thought I might do it twice to make up for the lack of one this weekend, but I didn't. Tomorrow will be make up day! I didn't do any baking today, but found a fruit and nut granola recipe (from Prevention.com) that I'd like to make and I did make some spicy roasted chick peas... very yummy and apparently similar to an 'Indian trail mix'. I took leftover chick peas, put a bit of EVOO, some spicy mrs. dash and chili powder on them (and tossed it all)... roasted at 400F for 30min. Very good!

The challenge was the exact same as Friday, the plank was 55sec. Total time was 10min 9sec.

I ate ONLY healthy food today. It felt pretty good!
Breakfast: toast (2), cream cheese (2), fruit bowl (1)
Snack: green smoothie with 1/2tbsp chocolate vega (3)
Lunch: quinoa (1), edamame (1), yves ground chicken (1), veggies (0)
Snack: 2 homemade granola bars (6), spicy roasted chick peas (2)
Dinner: veggies (0) w/ tofu marinated in balsamic vinegar, frank's hot sauce and garlic (2), cottage cheese and strawberry cup (2)
Total: 23 - oops, I thought I had 24pts today. Oh well, close enough.

Photos:

one of the granola bars - gooey and yummy! 2pts each.
Protein shake w/ frozen fruit, spinach, yogurt, hulled hemp seed, 1/2scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2tbsp chocolate vega. Pretty darn good!
Lunch... quinoa, veggies, edamame, yves ground chicken
I'm not going vegetarian (despite the last 2 days' menus). Just thought I'd try some meat alternatives! Now, I am off to finish dishes, make tomorrow's lunches (guess I will return to work tomorrow) and finish watching the bachelorette before calling it a NIGHT!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hey Hannah!
I'm sensing some "oh she glows" going on around here :)
Good for you for taking a day off. I've been thinking about that lately too! Your food creations sound good today.
I forgot to report about my 10 minute challenge...I got up to 10 pushups, FINALLY!!!