Sunday, April 05, 2009

Day of Rest

Well... I couldn't get rid of my headache after my last post. I finished the falafels and then ended up having a nap that was just shy of 2 hours. That nap managed to rid me of my headache! Unfortunately, it also made me want to be lazy the rest of the day!

I did some lounging around, cut up some vegetables and did some cleaning. It took me all the way til this evening to finally get on the treadmill. I got my jog in AND did the BL Yoga DVD. The yoga DVD was much harder than I thought it would be... I expected it to be totally relaxing, but it did require work from my muscles!! I will keep at it and see if I can get my muscles stronger and improve my flexibility. That will be a DVD I take home over Easter to get my activity in (along with the 'cardio max' DVD)!!

Now, as for the falafels. I took 1 can of chick peas (rinsed and drained) and put them in the blender with about 1/2c (maybe a bit less?) of red onion, some garlic, some cumin, some salt and papper and some all spice... I pureed it all up and then added 4tbsp flour. I used my cookie scoop to put them on a foil-lined cookie sheet. I had preheated the oven to 350F and ended up with 24 falafels. I baked them until they looked a bit dry/crispier on the outside... and then put the broiler on for a few minutes. Here's the final products...

1 of them is 0pts. As soon as you have 2 of them they are 1pt. You can have up to 4 of them for 1pt!

So here's what I ate today...
Breakfast - strawberries (1), yogurt (1) flax seed (0)... photo (doesn't look appetizing!)...
Lunch - 4 falafels (1), lettuce wraps with falafels (1), light cheese (2), 2tbsp hummus (0), grape tomatoes (0), banana bread larabar (4), fruit bites (2)... photos....

Snack - 3 light rye wasa crisps (1), 4tbsp chocolate PB2 (2), fruit bites (2)... photo...
Dinner - falafels (4), strawberries (1)
Total = 22pts
Water = 3L

Happy Monday!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

The falafels look awesome! I so need to try this soon!! Maybe over the long weekend. I'll make us a falafel easter dinner!
You did well to get your exercise in after a nap! I'm not so sure I would have been able to do the same! Sounds like you've got your Easter plan under control with the BL videos to take home with you!