Sunday, April 12, 2009

3 for 3 (I think!)


Well... today was a different "Easter". We didn't do anything. I spent the day with my mom and my dad. Kristen and Kurt showed up later in the afternoon and Michele, Jacob and Simon just showed up around 8:30... Simon is already gone to bed for the night. Tomorrow is our Easter and I can't wait! We are hunting for eggs and doing baskets... then getting ready for the entire family to show up. I have to say, I'm very excited. This is the first holiday that EVERYONE is able to make it for... usually someone misses Christmas Eve or Christmas day... someone always misses Thanksgiving or Christmas. Not tomorrow. Even my cousin Andrew (who we haven't seen in over a year) is coming. Grandma and Poppa Jim are coming... EVERYONE. It's nuts! The Easter Bunny has already come for Alex and I am proud to say I haven't touched anything that was left in his basket!!

So, what did today look like? Well, I got up and did 30min on Kristen's gazelle but found my heart rate wasn't getting up as high as I would like, so I did my BL cardio max for 30min. I spent the rest of the day in the kitchen doing baking and cooking (I don't even know how many hours I spent in the kitchen). My scale was slightly happy with me today, I was down 0.6lbs from yesterday.

Here's what I ate...
Breakfast: 2pc rye toast (2), ff cottage cheese and orchard fruit (2), watermelon (1)
Lunch: 1c ww pasta (3), tomatoes (0), cheese (1), watermelon and strawberries (2)
Snacking (my treat): cakeball (2), snacking on potatoes while whipping them (1)
Dinner: turkey breast (1), peppers/mushrooms/zucchini/onions (0), 1/2c brown rice (2) salsa (0), 1/2c corn (1)
Total: 18
Water: 2L - need to increase that tomorrow!!!!!

Here's some photos from my food today even (yay for wireless at my mom's house... sitting here visiting with the family while posting!)
Breakfast:
Lunch:Pretty colourful veggies for dinner:My dinner plate:
So, I pretty much followed the rules today. I picked one treat (cakeball) and stuck to it... I got in my activity (that makes 3/4 days! Tomorrow there won't be time). Let me tell you, I thought the gazelle wasn't getting my heart rate up... and it wasn't... but i am feeling it in my legs now! They are SORE! I didn't get as much water today as I should have. Tomorrow I will work on that. I wrote everything down as I ate it.

Enjoy Easter Monday... it will definitely be my most challenging day! (You would think that my cousin being a WW leader would help keep me on track... it doesn't!).

1 comment:

Tara said...

Yep, 3 for 3 it is! You are doing so awesome!!
That's so nice that everyone is able to make it on Easter! I'm excited about next Saturday with our family as well!
I hear you about the gazelle! It really hardly feels like it's doing anything but it must work some strange muscle in your leg/butt that hurts later :)
Good luck tomorrow! You've have 3 good days behind you so I have no doubt that you can pull this off!!