Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A day in the life of the birthday girl

What a great day! It’s okay that I’m 31. My mantra today was “31 and feelin’ young”.  I’ve decided you’re only as old as you feel and I don’t feel old (today).  Plus, I do believe I am healthier than I was in my 20’s. Heck, I am healthier than I was a year ago.

I counted points today, but I’m not going to bother posting them here tonight. They’re scary.

Today started out with an oatmeal pancake I saw at Kath Eats – made it with 1/4c oats, 1/4c egg whites, 1/2 mashed banana and some cinnamon apple syrup stuff on top (cooked apple chunks with splenda & cinnamon)

DSCN3371DSCN3375 

(note, this post was interrupted by a call from my DAD! He never calls here, I love when he does. We chatted for a half an hour so he could wish me a happy birthday…)

Where was I?  Oh yes… after breakfast I pulled off a full ONE HOUR JOG again!  All while watching “The Santa Clause” with Tim Allen.  Again, Christmas movie to the rescue during the jog! One hour FLEW by.  After the jog it was time to shower up and head for my 1hr massage. After my massage I went to Shoppers and found myself leaving with a couple of things:

DSCN3384 DSCN3386

Dry shampoo (for day #2 in the rotation – I have dry hair and can’t wash it every day) and some nail polish for the winter (for my toes!). I realized the newest polish I have is like 10 years old, so it’s time for new stuff. This is a pretty red colour to get me through the winter. It’s also on special at Shoppers this week (if anyone is looking for good quality polish!).  After my trip to Shoppers Drug Mart I headed to Starbucks to collect on my FREE DRINK (I am a ‘member’ and get a free drink on my birthday). I was beyond happy to see the return of the CHRISTMAS CUP!

I got a VENTI size drinkDSCN3378 DSCN3379 Makes me happy!

The sleeve is festiveDSCN3382

After some relaxing time at home Alex arrived to take me to Casey's for dinner (you get $14.99 off your entree on your birthday – basically a free dinner).  Here’s our food!

His bison burgerDSCN3391 DSCN3393

My stacked sandwich (I ate half the sandwich and the whole baked potato)

Birthday cake!!DSCN3401

I returned home to watch Biggest Loser but ended up on the phone with Stacey for an hour and a half! I saw who went home… but since I can stay up late I might watch it now).  Aside from a few phone calls (mom, Jean – Steph’s mom, Steph, Stacey, dad)… it’s been nice and quiet around here.  That sums up my birthday! It was wonderful!

Tomorrow’s plan includes another jog and some shopping.  I may or may not do yoga after all. My throat is killing me… I also can’t decide if hot yoga is something I want to get into given the cost of it.  I’m very torn!  I also plan to go to check out a Garmin Forerunner tomorrow. I have leftover money from grandma and think it’s something she would be happy with me buying (she struggled with her weight and always wanted us girls to be thin and healthy). I already ordered my Kitchen Aid Food Processor with money from her (she would LOVE it!), but it was on special so I have money left!

Okay… time for bed. Thanks to everyone for making my birthday a special one. Tomorrow some time will be devoted to thanking everyone on Facebook and email!!!

One last thing – LOVING Windows Live Writer. So much easier for blogging… especially putting photos up!!

No comments: