Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cheers to a happy 6 years

Well, we celebrated 6 years together last night. You would think I would have asked our waiter to take a picture of us. Nope. I just took some food pictures.  Oops.  I guess we can get a picture at any time though… perhaps at the upcoming fancy Christmas party we are going to.

So… I was bad last night. Wine, desserts…  Check it out….

There was bread and butter

DSCN3651

DSCN3654

There was a shrimp cocktail appetizer (healthiest appetizer you can get – thank you very much!)

DSCN3655

There was Alex’s salad

DSCN3656

There was Alex’s filet mignon dinner with mushrooms and garlic roasted mashed potatoes

DSCN3657

There was my mango chipotle chicken and shrimp with mashed potatoes

DSCN3658

There was also wine (not pictured – but trust me, we drank a whole bottle of Riesling wine. Mostly I drank it because Alex was driving).  We then headed to another restaurant for dessert…. Molten Lava Cake

DSCN3659

Annnnnd… 1 more dessert… a tiramisu-smoothie alcoholic dessert/smoothie drink (so good!)

DSCN3665

Overall… a great night. We really enjoyed ourselves and I have vowed to recover right away and be good/restrictive the rest of the week and see a good loss at weigh in.  We both concluded we look forward to another SIXTY years together (at least).  (love you, Alex).  Okay… enough of that.

So… did I get back on track today? I’m in Pontypool visiting my parents for the weekend.  It’s always a challenge here.  So…. much… food!  I’ll be back later to update you on my day today and let you know how I’ve really done.

No comments: