Sunday, September 02, 2007

It's me vs the food... and I'm WINNING!

Last night some things popped up and I didn't get on the treadmill... my own fault. I shouldn't have left it until that late in the evening. Today, I will make up for it.

Last night, I caved and had 2 pkgs of 100 calorie pack doritos. I figure, if that's my moment of weakness now and i'm counting it... I'm still better off than a week ago. At least I'm back to accounting for every BLT again (Bite, Lick and Taste).

Last night I had a dream that I was hanging out with Britney Spears (yes, maybe it was actually a NIGHTMARE!)... and she offered me some of her junk food.... I ate 2 cheetos and then suddenly REMEMBERED that I'm now counting EVERYTHING... so I put the food down and got the hell out of Britney Spears' palace... and Alex was with me and was very happy with me. So yes, food is consuming me right now (I think it's fair to say... since it's haunting me in my dreams).... maybe it was a little guilt left from eating 4 pts worth of snacks last night... who knows!

I did find one coping mechanism last night... i went through an ENTIRE pack of mentos sugar free gum while trying to resist eating any more snack foods... I just kept popping pieces in my mouth and spitting them out once they lost most of their flavour... then I'd pop in another piece! Thank Amber's God for costco... because I have a whole carton of gum I can go through to get me through these snacking cravings!

Today I did grocery shopping (so my fridge does NOT look as organized as it did in those photos now!)... I was in line at walmart waiting to pay and there was a lady in front of me had just put all her stuff on the belt thing... while she was waiting she took a chocolate bar off the shelf and read the nutritional info (it was a regular chocolate bar, not a low-cal one)... then she put it back. Within a couple of minutes she did the same thing. A couple of minutes after that she picked up the chocolate bar and put it with her things to buy it... and a moment after that she picked up a few more and threw them in there as well. I felt bad for her... I know what she was going through... But it did only make me feel that much better about my own control when it was my turn to wait in front of the chocolate bars.

I did my shopping and came home and had a WW bagel with light cream cheese. I have rediscovered cream cheese after seeing Tara eat it on her bagel at her place (I had cheez whiz! which i love!)... so today I bought 1 thing of light garden vegetable cream cheese and 1 thing of the light herb one. HELLO! you can have 2 tbsp for only 1pt!!! I had no idea!!! So, I had 1 tbsp of each flavour on each half of the bagel!

Today's lunch is a chicken parmesan salad... I forget exactly what's in it... lettuce (0) and red pepper (0) and carrots (0), FF ranch (1), chicken breast 3oz (3), and parmesan cheese I believe. I'm going to have it with a WW english muffin on the side (1).

Today's dinner sounds pretty good... I'm posting it directly from the kraftfoods.com website for you to see:


Grilled Cheese & Tomato Sandwich with a Salad

2 slices whole wheat bread
2 tsp. trans fat free canola-based soft margarine
6 broccoli spears, chopped
2 slices KRAFT 2% Milk Singles
1/4 medium tomato, sliced
10 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 carrot, grated
1 Tbsp. chopped green onion
1 Tbsp. KRAFT FREE Ranch Fat Free Dressing
1 tsp. PLANTERS Sunflower Kernels
--------------------------------------------------------
1 kiwi
--------------------------------------------------------
1 16 fl oz bottle CRYSTAL LIGHT, favorite flavor


SPREAD each slice of bread with 1 tsp. margarine; place one buttered-side down in a small nonstick skillet. Top with a slice of cheese, a thick slice of tomato, another slice of cheese and another slice of bread buttered-side up. Cook each side on medium until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.

TO build salad, toss together broccoli, carrot, mushrooms, onions and dressing; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels just before serving.

ENJOY a fresh kiwi for dessert.


Now, let me discuss one of my pet peeves... FAT FREE SALAD DRESSING AND WEIGHT WATCHERS. It's a freaking' CORE FOOD that you're supposed to be able to eat as much of when you're on CORE... but when you're doing the flex plan you have to count it! I don't understand!!! So, TARA, I totally understand where you're coming from with the FF dressing. I too like a LOT of dressing on my salad... which is why I've found the hellman's sprays handy... it coats all of the stuff (like I like - I like every bite to have dressing on it)... but doesn't rack up the points.

I guess if I don't want to count FF dressing I have to commit to core and not have processed foods and carbs the same... but If i want those foods I have to do the flex, which means counting FF dressing... but still...

Tara - What are you going to do with the crackers? Enjoy the movie! You might like superbad... I definitely found a lot of funny parts... I had just heard how amazing it was so I had high expectations and was a little disappointed... but there were definitely some parts that had me laughing still the next day (but I enjoy those stupid boy movies usually).

No comments: