Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Sick Tuesday

“Sick” being the operative word. It has a double meaning this week. First, it was shaping up to be a sick (meaning AWESOME) day because after work I was going to my parents’ house to see my beautiful nephew (while my BIL and sister were at my BIL’s convocation – he got his PhD, thank you very much!).  Sick also happens to mean I called in sick to work. Crap, crap, crap. I woke up with a crazy headache and felt nauseated! I called in sick to work and took that time to rest so I could still enjoy the evening with my nephew.

Once I felt better (after a nap) I headed straight to my parents’ house to get greeted by this wonderful face

DSCN6492

DSCN6493

(this is him crazy laughing after this cool aunt taught him to make farting noises.. all afternoon I would hear farting noises from him followed by “that’s ‘sgusting”.  So precious).

I did eat yesterday..

The day started out with some wheatgrass in a shot of POM (0), followed by a homemade smores protein n’ oats bar.  I got the idea from Susan's blog.  I messed the recipe up a little and each bar is now (3)pts…

DSCN6470

DSCN6472

DSCN6479

I had a little watermelon later (1)

DSCN6483

I made my nephew and my dad some Kraft Dinner and turkey wieners for lunch. I had 1 spoonful of KD (to make sure it came out okay, allowed 2pts for the big spoonful) and managed to NOT eat any more… which was REALLY, REALLY tough.  I had 1/2 wiener and light swiss in a flatout wrap (4)

DSCN6489

Dinner was made by moi as well.  My mom works every day (my dad retired last year) so I decided (after a little rest) to make dinner for everyone. I used flatout wraps my mom bought in Chicago and made individual pizzas for the 4 of us (dad, mom, nephew and me).  I also made some sidekicks tortellini dish my mom had in the pantry (my nephew hasn’t been eating much the last few days… and I happen to know the way to his stomach is with pasta and cheese) and then I pulled together a salad.

Here’s my plate… the flatout pizza (flatout – 1, sauce – 0, turkey wiener – 2, cheese – 1), tortellini (3), salad with some light cheese and ff dressing (1)

DSCN6556

What is not pictured is the piece of fresh rhubarb pie I also made for everyone. I had a small piece and I’m allowing (5) points for it. Not pictured is also the light babybel cheese I ate (1).

Happy hump day to all. I’ll be back later for today’s recap!

I leave you with a question… We are driving to Chicago (from Toronto) via Michigan and Indiana in July.  My sister and her boys moved there for my BIL’s job so we are going to visit for a 4 day weekend.  Any stops you suggest we make? Or more importantly  - any food items you suggest I buy? My sister lives very close to a Trader Joe’s!!

No comments: