Saturday, June 26, 2010

Poultry Lover

While I don’t eat pork or beef (no political statement here… my grandpa is actually a beef farmer… I just don’t enjoy it), I do LOVE poultry.  Give me chicken and eggs any day of the week. Turkey too, but it’s second to chicken. 

Friday was spent only working in the AM (hooray for Friday afternoons OFF.. thank you lieu time!), then enjoying an hour workout (30min cardio, 30min circuit) before doing some grocery shopping and heading home to make dinner.  Enter poultry.

We’ve heard of meat lovers pizzas. We’ve heard of veggie lovers pizza.  I decided to make my own POULTRY LOVERS PIZZA!

I started with the whole wheat blue menu pizza crust (6pts), topped it up with some tomato sauce and BBQ sauce. Put on 10 slices of turkey pepperoni (1) and a little bit of goat cheese (1).  In a frying pan I cooked up some chicken sausage, turkey bacon and red onion in a little margarine (5), I threw it on the pizza and then added 1/3c shredded skim mozzarella (2) before cooking it in the oven until the cheese was bubbling.  The whole pizza was 15pts and SO GOOD. The mixture of the BBQ sauce and goat cheese with all the poultry was so freaking good.  I only ended up eating 3/4 of it last night. It was filling!

DSCN6787

DSCN6788

DSCN6790 

I’m hoping to come back tonight to post about my day today… It’s involving a lot of running around… which I must get doing. I’m a few hours behind schedule right now!

Here’s a sneak peek at today’s food so far (I went a little FRUIT crazy grocery shopping yesterday. I have an abundance of Ontario strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries in my fridge. I am in heaven!!)…

DSCN6798

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm not a fan of goat cheese, but everything else about that pizza sounds delightful! The one thing I love about summer is the abundance of fruit everywhere!! It makes the hot temperatures worth it :)

Jen
http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/