Thursday, June 24, 2010

Am I a Girl?

First things first…

DOWN 0.5lbs today

Next… I got myself to the gym tonight!  I decided against step for now.  I was afraid (knowing me) I would find it too difficult and never go back.  I’m going to stick to the recommended “newbie” classes for at least a couple of weeks.  Instead, I ended up doing 60min of cardio (on the elliptical) and 20min of the circuit that Goodlife has set up.

I left the gym feeling great… except for the fact that I was sweating like a PIG! I remember a lady at my old job saying to me once “girls don’t sweat, they glisten”.  Heck. I am definitely no girl then!

Some of today’s food looked like this…

Breakfast was a WW sandwich thin (1), 1/2tbsp PB (1), jam (1)

DSCN6775

Snack was blueberries (1)

DSCN6776

Lunch was a salad with 1/4c chick peas (1), 1/2c ff cottage cheese (1), 3tbsp light Italian dressing (0)… and a few black beans, corn, capers, red onions, cucumbers and grape tomatoes

DSCN6781

It was followed by my fibre 1 cookies n’ cream yogurt concoction (same as yesterday), total was (3pts) today

DSCN6782

DSCN6784

DSCN6785

Does it look yummy?  Believe me… it tastes good and is filling!

DSCN6786

There MAY have also been some snacks from a ‘congratulations’ party at work today… I had a couple of squares and a couple of mini chocolate chip cookies (the 1 bite kind, literally) – estimate (6pts MAX)

Dinner was my favourite Thursday treat (12)…

DSCN6633

And… a chocolate bar that I ate during today’s Days of Our Lives and didn’t take a picture of (6)

Happy Friday to all! I took tomorrow afternoon off… the plan is to hit the gym and then come home and quite possibly make some homemade pizza which I am calling “poultry lovers pizza”… stay tuned for photos (unless we change our minds and grab subway or something for dinner!)

1 comment:

MizFit said...

lordy I am not a girl :)
I sweat like the proverbial pig as well...but youll have that.

GREAT WORKOUT FOR YOU!!

I hope to follow suit here...soon.

Like now.