Wednesday, June 02, 2010

June… none too soon

Happy JUNE!

Bring on summer!

Bring on slower days at work.  Days of leisure and moments of boredom. Our office slows down greatly during school holidays (summer, March break and Christmas).  We’ve been extra crazy busy this winter so I am READY to feel like my head is above water again!  Mental illness in children is definitely a growing concern…

BUT wait. What am I talking about? This is not a blog to raise awareness about children’s mental health (although, that would be a good idea). Let’s talk FOOD!  Mmmm… food.  I love food.

So, here’s some quick photos of my food on Monday:

Breakfast was a protein oatmeal n’ blueberry cake. I took 1/3c oatmeal (2), 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (1), 1/4c egg whites (0) and a bit of water. Mixed it up and threw it in the microwave for a minute or so. When it came out I put 1tbsp of Crofter’s North America on it (1) and some blue berries (0).  I drizzled a tiny bit of honey on it afterwards. It was HEAVEN.

DSCN6374

DSCN6375

DSCN6377

Lunch was some brown rice (2) and some quickie homemade “chana” (2)

DSCN6378

DSCN6380

Followed by watermelon (1)

DSCN6382

Snack was more watermelon, some blueberries and blackberries (2)

DSCN6384

Dinner was a spinach salad with veggies (0), 30g light old cheddar (2) and shrimp (1)… with Renee’s Wellness Tuscan dressing

DSCN6385

DSCN6388

DSCN6389

It was followed by some Chobani (3) and almonds (2)

DSCN6387

DSCN6341

DSCN6392

Didn’t my food look delicious?  I loved Monday (for a Monday of course).

So… How did I ring in June?  With FOOD… great OP food!

Breakfast was a WW thin (1), PB (2) and crofter’s (1)

DSCN6393

Snack was watermelon (1) and blueberries (1)

DSCN6395

Lunch was a flatout (1) with hummus (1), cheese (2) and spinach (0)

DSCN6398

Followed by almonds (2)

DSCN6387

Afternoon snack was Chobani strawberry (3) and Kashi berry crisp (2) – YUM

DSCN6397

After work I was off to see Sex and the City 2 with my friend.  We grabbed a quick dinner at Subway so we could get to the 5pm show to avoid crowds (and so she could get back home to her 3 month old who was home alone with daddy).  I didn’t take a picture but I ended up with a 6” veggie sub on whole wheat (5).  I avoided any treats or popcorn at the movie (I am cheap) but did have a handful of almonds when I got home (3).

Happy June!!

No comments: