Monday, March 30, 2009

Touché, dear Tara... Touché

Tara totally called me out this week! She is right, I did not eat enough on Saturday considering the amount of exercise I did. I shouldn't paint the picture that I worked really hard on Saturday... I did take 2 5min breaks where I stopped the clock and sat with my feet up and had a drink... I did end up feeling quite nauseated after the run and I could barely eat all of my dinner (I shared it with Alex even)... so, that is why I ate less. Now, that being said... even if I felt fine, I can't say I would have eaten more... I think I'm so conditioned to not eat my activity points, it may not have occurred to me to eat more that day! IF I ever jog that much again, I will try to eat more!

So... I did get back at it today. I was going to just jog for 45min, but I ended up watching TV and was enjoying what I watched (while on the treadmill) and ended up pulling off a full 60min jog today. Then, I went to work.

Here's what I ate (a bit more today!)...
Breakfast: Protein shake (3)
Lunch: flatout (1), refried black beans (2), hummus (0), salsa and lettuce (0), yogurt (2), fruit bites (2)
Snack: almonds (2), motivate smores bar (4)
Dinner: salad with cheese (1), 1/2c chick peas (2), black beans and corn (0), tomatoes and cucumber (0), EVOO/balsamic dressing (2), yogurt (1)
Total: 22
Water: 4.5L

Here's some photos from the weekend...
This is what I avoided:
This is what I ate!!



Happy Tuesday... Biggest Loser night! Yay!! I hear Mike has a health scare on tomorrow's show. You can bet I will be curled up on my couch and watching!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hey Jen! Hopefully I didn't come across as being mean or anything!! I was just trying to look out for ya :) I know that it's hard to eat when you aren't used to using those extras but with that much activity, I know it's needed! You could have a protein shake or some juice or something to drink that has calories. Sometimes it's handy to have a Gatorade in the fridge for those occasions! Some sugar is good after a long run and maybe that's part of why you weren't feeling well. K...just tell me to shut up already, would you!?!?
Sorry I've been MIA. It's a busy week with getting tax stuff prepared/birthday prep for Jay/J's dad going for angios/etc/etc/etc!!
I will try and do a quick post tonight! I'm hoping to be home to catch some of BL!!
Have a great day and I'm SO proud of your running accomplishments!!!

healthyjen said...

Don't be silly Tara... you weren't mean in the LEAST!!!! You are totally right and I know you were just looking out (we are good at doing that for each other!). I actually didn't know sugar is good to have after a long jog... I will keep that in mind!!

Thanks for the encouragement... I hope things calm down enough for you to enjoy one of our favourite TV nights tonight!!!