Friday, March 27, 2009

Bah!


I woke up tired today (thank you, gravol)... no treadmill. Went to work, wanted to be in bed... just felt like today was going to be a bad day.

I got home and got text messages from mom... I'm glad my grandparents are still alive, but the stress that is coming with it is driving me nuts. Poppa Jim will be in the hospital for a little while but he refuses to let anyone be hired to take care of grandma... my mom and her siblings are totally exhausted and burned out. To make matters worse, one aunt (red head) has decided today that she's done... left a message for my aunt (who is POA) and told her she is washing her hands of it all... won't be helping out with grandma anymore. It shouldn't stress me out, but it does.

The good news for today? I haven't turned to bad food for comfort. Yes, I did have 2 tbsp of chocolate chips while baking... and I had a spoonful of chocolate chip cookie dough, but now I'm done. (I'm flying solo tonight... Alex has been sent out with his buddy to leave me to get my baking done!)

My plan tomorrow is to get on the treadmill for a really long jog... I think that will help me feel better. I'm also making a trip to shoppers drug mart for 20x the points day... and then going to get my hair cut (and blow dried straight, yay!). Then it's off to dinner for a friend's birthday (meal is planned, will stick to it... will be healthy! yay again!).

More good news for today? Not one... but TWO people today noticed I'm losing weight. That rocks! One girl I see often told me she can see I'm losing weight, and another girl who has been on vacation for a couple of weeks saw me from behind in the kitchen (I was filling up my water bottle... big surprise!) and asked me if I was losing weight. That's enough to keep me motivated!!

Here's what i ate today...
Breakfast - oatmeal (2)
Lunch - salad with chick peas (2), cheese (1), EVOO/balsamic drsg (2), yogurt (1)
Snack - cashew cookie larabar (4)
Dinner - flatout (1), hummus (0), 1/4c corn/black beans (0), salsa (0), lettuce (0)
Snacking while baking - chocolate chips (3), cookie dough (2)
Total: 18
Water: 5L

I did think to take photos of my wrap for dinner...



Happy Saturday! I am glad to have an Easter plan in place, I must say!! I will post my "official" Easter plan soon!

No comments: