Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stressed = Desserts?

It hasn't been a stellar day... The family stress that's been going on for a month and a half just seemed to get the better of me... I have decided that Dementia is the saddest disease there is. I eluded to desserts in my title... but I didn't actually have any, just stress :)

I felt sad last night and just went to bed early... this morning when the alarm went off I got up and just couldn't get myself on the treadmill... I was just feeling bummed and wanted to hide from the world. So, no exercise today. It happens. (Un)fortunately, I have a severe lack of appetite today. My mood has improved (thank you, Alex... you always make me happier)... but I still lack interest in food (or preparing food!!).

Here's what I ate today...
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ flax seed (2)... and no protein shake since I didn't jog
Lunch: salad with tuna (1) and allegro cheese (1) w/ EVOO balsamic drsg (2)... minigo (2)
Snack: Larabar - cinnamon Roll... YUM! (4)
Dinner: 4 egg whites (1), salsa (0)... it was the best I could throw together
Total: 13
Water: 4L

I honestly am feeling back to normal now and I know I'll have my appetite back tomorrow... my 'cheat' night when I can eat unhealthier food!!

Here's some photos from today...
I may be ready for alcohol by the weekend when I go see my Tara! SPEAKING of Tara... I got a BEAUTIFUL thank you card from her (for her wedding) yesterday... the girl should be a model, honestly.

1 comment:

Tara said...

awww, thanks Jen! I'm glad you liked the thank-you's!
I'm sorry about your crappy day. It is definitely hard to see someone you love go through dementia. It just doesn't seem fair. I'm glad that Alex was able to make you feel better :) And I wish that lack of interest in food would trickle over here!!!
Good luck tonight!
Oh, and the cinnamon roll larabar was good???