Sunday, October 14, 2007

Did we just have a weekend?

I swear, this busyness WILL catch up to me. I really would like a day off... but then again, 1 1/2 weeks ago I did have a sick day.

I commited to more parent groups. I'll be running them into the end of February basically - after that, I won't commit to 6 week sessions I don't think... not if I'm working weekends at SickKids as well.

Anyway, on to today.

I woke up and did my grocery shopping then Alex and I went to lunch and costco (among other running around). Care to ask me what $250 of groceries looks like? Just ask my fridge/cupboards - it's nuts. Mind you, I hadn't grocery shopped in 5 weeks (and now I won't for a while again).

Before we went out to lunch and running errands I made some 0pt vegetable soup in the slow cooker. HELLO FALL HARVEST SOUP! What's in it you ask? chicken broth, diced tomatoes, corn, red/yellow/green peppers, red onion, zucchini, butternut squash, eggplant, garlic, chicken noodle soup mix, and pepper. I also added some water so it wouldn't get dried out in the slow cooker all day. Here's the final product:



At Applebee's for lunch I had a grilled chicken wrap with a side salad (I even removed the croutons). Then we went to costco, then dropped stuff off at the office and got me a new computer monitor (my boyfriend is so sweet giving me a new monitor):


Then our chore was to find a new plant for the board room at Mathews Professional Corporation. We couldn't find any in Ajax/Pickering (no florists are open out there on Sundays). Sooooo we came back to Toronto and went to a nursery up the road and found a plant. Then Alex decided he'd like to run the plant out to the office right then and not have to worry about taking it in tomorrow... so back out to Pickering we went. I had no problem with that. I like Sunday drives.

We came home and I got into my kitchen tasks. I made hummus, guacamole, muffins, and pumpkin squares. I was going to also do a roasted red pepper dip and a red bean dip but decided I'd have too many dips in the fridge and they would likely go bad before I could finish them so they will be next weekend's dips. I am LOVING the guacamole!!! I've never made it before! Basically you take 2 cups of spinach and cook it for a minute in boiling water and then drain it. chop a tomato and 1/2 red onion. Put the cooked spinach and 1/2 the chopped onion and 1tbsp chopped green chiles (I used jalepeno peppers) and some lime juice (I used lemon) in the blender ande puree. Then you're supposed to take it out of the blender and add the chopped tomato and rest of the onion and 1/4 mashed avocado. I put it all in the blender and chopped it up more fine together so there wouldn't be too many chunks. You're also supposed to add cilantro. I DESPITE cilantro and opted to leave it out.

Here's the evening via photo summary:






Tomorrow's plan? Serious treadmill in the morning and then working the evening.

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Yum, looks good! And too funny...I did the exact same thing with the pumpkin recipe! Made it in a 9x9 and cut into 16! I'm having a hard time staying out of it though...but for less than 1 pt. each, it could be worse!