Monday, October 19, 2009

Goodbye Monday!

"I fights to the finish 'cause I eats me spinach"... random photo, but after the loads of spinach I put in tomorrow's smoothie, it just seems fitting!

Well... another Monday is being put to bed. I had a rather productive day... and it feels great. I managed to get in a full hour jog today! Work was quite busy (busy season started a tad later this year)... but it made the afternoon and evening go by pretty quickly.

Tonight I have made tomorrow's breakfast, lunch and snacks... and the dishes are done. I even made my smoothie ahead of time and threw it in the freezer. I've figured out I can take it out in the morning and by the time I'm ready to drink it mid-morning it's nice and slushie. It feels good to go to bed knowing I'm all organized for tomorrow!

Here's what I ate today...
Breakfast - 1 slice pumpernickel rye (1), 1 omega 3 egg (2), apple (1)
Lunch - 1/2c baked beans in tomato sauce (2), toast (1)
Snack - smoothie w/ fruit, spinach, 1/2scoop vanilla protein powder, chocolate amazing grass and chia seeds (2), apple w/ cinnamon (1)
Dinner - mixture of 1/2c chick peas (2), 1/2c baked beans in tomato sauce (2), 1/2c cubed sweet potatoes baked with ground flax seed (2), yogurt (1), almonds (2)
Total: 19
Water: 3L

My tastes... they are a' changing! I used to DESPISE beans (especially baked beans with wieners). Recently we had a potluck lunch at work... there appeared to be few 'healthy' choices, so I tried beans baked with real maple syrup. LOVED them. They were toooo good! Then at Thanksgiving my uncle Ron's mom joined us for dinner and she brought baked beans... I had to pick around bacon, but again... so good. I bought some no name baked beans in tomato sauce to try... LOVE THEM! Who would have thought one day I'd like tofu, baked beans, old stinky cheese, chick peas... and spinach in my smoothies. Bizarre!

Time to call it a night... treadmill is calling me early in the morning!! Sleep tight!

No comments: