Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Day of the Ugly Food

First... Let me say... HOORAY! It's 7:30 and I'm done EVERYTHING I wanted to do this evening. I'm ready to sit on the couch with Biggest Loser before bed!

Let me recap the day for you. It started with a 45min jog, then work, then home to do a new 10min workout I came up with, eat dinner, make lunch for tomorrow and do the dishes. Now I must stick with the notion that THE KITCHEN IS CLOSED!

The 10min workout? I got done in 8min, so I might have to add more reps tomorrow. I did...
10 push ups, 20 squats (repeat)... 20 reverse crunches, 20 crunches, 20 bicycle crunches (repeat)... 15 trice dips, 15 tush toner things (repeat)... 60sec wall squat.

The competition began at work this week... the "United Weigh" weight loss competition. I WILL WIN! I need your support to make sure I do!!

Here's what I ate today...
Breakfast: Breakfast cookie made with 1/3c oats (2), 1tbsp natural PB (2), 1/8c skim milk (0), 1/2 apple which was first cooked in some cinnamon (0), hard boiled egg (2)
Photo:
Snack: smoothie w/ fruit (1), spinach (0), 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (1), berry amazing grass (0), amazing grass wheat grass (0)
Lunch: home made black bean burger (2), cheese (2), salsa (0), spoonful of ff plain yogurt (0), spinach (0) - all in a ww tortilla (1), apple (1), yogurt (1)
Snack: baby carrots (0), almonds (2)
Dinner: veggie stew - nutritional information confirmed (2)
Total: 19
Water: working on my 4th litre (plain water still... when will I feel ready to add crystal light to my fancy water bottle?)

So... my black bean burgers are SOOOO YUMMY! I took 1/2c black beans, 1/2c corn, some red onion and garlic and maybe 1/8c chick peas. I put them in the food processor and pureed it all up. I needed bread crumbs but didn't have any so I toasted 4 slices of ww bread and let it dry out a little and then threw it into the processor too (originally I only put 2 slices in, but it needed 2 more). I divided it up into 4 patties and grilled them up on Mr. Foreman. They... are... DELICIOUS! Here's a photo of 1... The breakfast cookie and the black bean burgers don't look so appetizing, but trust me... they taste SO GOOD!

So, this post took longer than I thought it would... I'm off to watch Biggest Loser!

No comments: