Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Who doesn't like a quickie?

I'm tired... this will be quick.
I just got home not long ago. This evening was spent in Pontypool. That's the short version. The bottom line is my plans for today changed yesterday and I left work at 3pm to run and get mom after work... dad showed up around 3:45 with Simon (dad had to run to Hamilton, mom and dad have Simon until Thursday... everything is okay though). The good news is that I spent the evening with Simon. He's so fun... we played 'animals'... "Jen, you be a dog and say 'woof' and I'll be a cat and say 'meow', kay?". Who knew he'd develop an imagination already. Then we moved to cars... I had to be the blue truck and he had to be the green and black car and we had to run the cars up and down his arms (which was putting him to sleep practically). Oh, and if you see Jacob's parents... they don't know the other grandparents have Simon for a few days!! Don't tell them!

Anyway, I am home now. Today did start with a nice jog in the morning... but since I left work at 3pm I didn't take a lunch, so... no walk. It's okay.

Here's what I ate today...
Breakfast: 1/2c kashi go lean - still LOVING it (2), 1/2c skim milk (1)
Post jog: protein shake (3)
Lunch: 1/2c quinoa (2), 4 turkey n' veggie meatballs (2), veggies (0), 1/2c edamame (1), yogurt (1)
Snack: larabar - chocolate coconut one (4)
Dinner: lasagna casserole (6), spinach and dressing (1)
Total: 23
Water: 3L

I saw Dr. Oz on Oprah today (I ended up making dinner for everyone... sent the grandparents outside to play with their grandson and I stayed in the kitchen and watched TV while preparing dinner)... he says women should aim for 25g of fibre a day. He also said a study recently found that a high calcium diet (1200mg to 1g a day) helps the body rid itself of fat more (like 100x more or something). You can try to get your calcium from food... but he recommends calcium and magnesium supplements. I found it interesting. I think I will watch his show in the fall. Regulartiy and body functions have always interested me... I'm gross, I know.

Okay, time for bed (10min ago!). Happy hump day!

No comments: