Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Biggest Loser night!


I love Tuesday nights. Monday is over... tomorrow is hump day... Biggest Loser is on tonight. I was supposed to do "work" from home tonight. I don't want to. I have to have it done by Thursday morning, but I can do it all tomorrow night...hopefully. Tomorrow night might be busy, but at least Biggest Loser isn't on.

Today I managed to get up on the treadmill, despite hating my alarm on Tuesdays. I dream of the day when the sun rises at 7am again... or sooner. I enjoy watching the sun rise over the downtown skyline from my treadmill in the mornings... it's so peaceful watching the sun shine off the windows of all the buildings. I digress... so, this morning I got on the treadmill and then got myself off to work. I made it through the day and got home... I wanted to lounge on the couch and eat chocolate (hello PMS? I hear you knocking but I'm trying to ignore you!). Ultimately, I decided to give in to my craving and have some WW chocolate. I then convinced myself to do my Biggest Loser workout... in the end, I'm glad I did it.

Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast: ww toast (1), small banana (1), 1 tbsp light PB (2), yogurt (1)
Lunch: 1c brown rice (4), chicken breast (3), cheese (1), sun dried tomato pesto (1), tomato (0), fruit salad (2), yogurt (1)
Snack: Wasabi peas (2), seaweed (0)
Dinner: lettuce wraps with chicken (3), cheese (1), dijon mustard (0), ww chocolates (3)
Total: 26 ---> not ideal, I shouldn't eat that much 2 days before WI, but I will eat less tomorrow... I was hungry today!
Water: 5L

Speaking of food... TARA! Thank you for reminding me about Wendy and Barb's hummus! I used to buy it all the time and somehow totally forgot about it! See? This is why we blog... to share wonderful ideas! i have tried making my own hummus as well... but it's never as good as theirs! I'm sure you'll be able to find the pizza crusts in Lindsay between Loblaws or Valu Mart!

Here's some photos of today's food (warning: the chicken lettuce wraps don't look very appetizing)!!




Happy Biggest Loser night! I'm watching now... I can't believe how the orange team's David is continuing to eat at home (the buffet guy)... it's too bad really.

** Back to comment on BL. I am a little sad Joelle didn't go home... but what was more entertaining was the argument between her and Carla. That is twice we've seen Bob drop the F bomb now... 2 weeks in a row... and both times are around Joelle situations. Carla was pretty funny though... When Bob had to tell her to drop the 'f'ing' weights... What's up with these girls acting like children? I feel bad it worked out the way it did and Jillian's team couldn't respect Bob's teams wishes... but, it is a game and this is how the players roll!! I have no favourites yet...although wouldn't mind Joelle going home. Does anyone else get freaked out by Ron (dad on the brown team) and his stomach situation? I'm guessing that is from his gastric bypass... although I have no idea how it could be from that. I can't wait for next week to see how Bob's team reacts to Jillian's team totally misleading them on the voting... it's ON I think! I also loved Bob's trainer tip about healthy pizza... given my pizza this week. It's also funny because my poor better half is under the misguided impression that any pizza with veggies on it is "healthy"... so, I promptly informed him of Bob's educational trainer tip**

Speaking of my better half... apparently he still reads my lovely blog, just doesn't comment... big ups and shout outs to you, counselor!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hi Alex :) (just thinking maybe he reads the comments too!!)
I'm SO pissed with Jilian's team. Joelle drives me crazy. I'd be dropping more than the f-bomb if I had to deal with her!! Funny, just before they voted Damien off, I was thinking how nice it was that everyone seemed to get along and be there for the weightloss. I changed my mind!!!
It was more than my pleasure to remind you of the hummus! I've tried many kinds and it's the one I love! I am curious about your wasabi peas. Are they really spicy?
Also, I don't want you to worry, there is a dishwasher AND a microwave in my kitchen!! The dishwasher is beside the sink on the other side of the counter. The microwave is beside the fridge. There's a wine rack thing there in the pic I posted!
K, enough of the novel already!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.