Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolutions vs. Goals?

Resolution: a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.

Goal: the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.

I was thinking about my resolutions for this upcoming year and realized maybe some things I was thinking about were more like goals. So, being the planner I am - I have categorized my year between goals and resolutions.

2008 Goals: 1. reach my goal weight 2.Get my debt paid off totally

Resolution: get back into using the treadmill at least 4 days a week (if not feeling well, at least walk for a half an hour on it)

Today's menu:
Breakfast - nordica ff cottage cheese with orchard fruit (2)
Snack - 4 tangerines (2)

Planned for later? Unsure. I know it won't involve alcohol at this point - I'll just hope it can involve not EATING TOO BLOODY MUCH!!

Regardless, tomorrow is the first day of my journey to goal weight. I'm stoked!

PS - I could be looking at a potential 10lb gain from the holidays. YIKES! But I'll take my official WI results from my WI at WW on Thursday... Then we'll assess the real damage done. I'm not even stressed. I know I can recover this year (unlike last year)!

No comments: