Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day of Rest?

I love days where I feel I’ve accomplished something. Today was one of those days.  It started out with getting up early and heading to the grocery store and Costco.  I came home and got to work on cooking. Not before having the other half of my sandwich from last night!

DSCN5927 DSCN5929

First came the Weight Watcher 0 point Vegetable Soup

DSCN5930 DSCN5932

I got the turkey breast into the oven…

DSCN5934 DSCN5935

The turkey was later cut up and pre-measured into 1pt portions in little zippy bags… some in the freezer and some in the fridge. Pre-weighed, pre-packaged… I’m all set!

Then I decided to take the extra vegetables and make a stir fry for some time this week… it has zucchini, mushrooms, red pepper, onions, celery and low sodium soy sauce

DSCN5933 DSCN5937

I also chopped up more vegetables and put some cucumber chips marinating in some vinegar and sea salt.  This was followed by another batch of homemade granola!

After all was said and done I was exhausted. I haven’t slept well this weekend. I got 5hrs of sleep Friday night and 4hrs last night. I had plans today to do all this cooking plus some loads of laundry, a jog (week 2 of c25k!) AND a cardio DVD… I didn’t get beyond the cooking. It took me until 6:30 to get it all done and by then I didn’t want anything I had made… so, I got my old faithful… turkey sub.

I bought a couple of other things today

DSCN5940

I haven’t bought these burgers at Costco in a LONG time. I have a couple in the fridge and the rest in the freezer. I can’t wait to add them to wraps and salads.

Also… got myself this!

DSCN5941

I admit it. I’m a total “chick” junkie. Give me a chick flick or some chick lit and I’m happy.  Poor Alex.

I’m sure I had other things today but I’m so tired I can’t keep my eyes open. I can’t wait for my head to hit the pillow… so I bid you adieu for tonight!  So long dear weekend… only 5 days until we find each other again.

OH!  Re: Amy’s burritos… I like them all equally! I think I sometimes buy the one without cheddar because it’s 1pt less than the one with cheddar… and I don’t notice a huge difference in taste!

2 comments:

Janna said...

Man you were a busy bee today! Good job on getting all that yummy food ready!

That book is SO good! I loved it!

Have a great week! Looks like it is already off to a great start!

Single Sassy and Saved said...

You inspire me to cook for the week on Sunday!