Saturday, December 05, 2009

Quickie!

This is going to be quick! I’m back to eating food and so happy about it!

BUT, this must be quick… I am about to get on that darn treadmill again (for the first time since Tuesday) and then head to mom and dad’s to drop off the pup… then to my friend’s house for our annual Christmas movie marathon day! We’ve been doing this since we lived together… so, I’m guessing it’s been 7 or 8 years now.  We watch only Christmas movies/specials and eat junk food. NOW, today I am going to behave in my indulging… I have weight to lose before Christmas!

Here’s some shots of yesterday’s food.

Oatmeal with banana, cinnamon and chocolate almond butter for breakfast:

DSCN3907 DSCN3908

I grabbed a quick lunch… leftover cooked whole wheat pasta in the fridge and then threw on some cheese sauce (powdered cheese from bulk barn with a splash of skim milk)

DSCN3913 DSCN3910

For dinner I made a casserole… I cooked whole wheat macaroni and then decided to use ground chicken breast (instead of ground chicken) in it… so, I threw 2 skinless chicken breasts in the food processor to ground it up, then cooked it:

DSCN3914 DSCN3915

Then I made my own tomato sauce by pureeing tomatoes, green pepper, mushroom, spinach and red onion… next time I’d chop it all instead of pureeing (it came out like soup)

DSCN3916 DSCN3917 DSCN3920 DSCN3922 DSCN3923 DSCN3924 DSCN3925 (looks yummy?)

I threw in some chopped tomato and put it all together in the casserole:

DSCN3926

Threw some cheese on and VOILA!

DSCN3928

So… we enjoyed some dinner while watching Santa Buddies (cute movie! We love dogs in this house though!)

Okay, treadmill time. Happy weekend!!

No comments: