Monday, August 11, 2008

First day of food freedom

Well, we have survived another Monday. Of course, I worked at my other job yesterday so today wasn't a 'typical' Monday for me (luckily?).

I woke up today (well, slept in! Grr! I have to get ACTIVE again!!!) and realized I had NO bloody idea what I was going to make for my lunch. I decided to stick with the same foods I had for the past week. I am going to remain HEALTHY dammit! I already had a container with pre-cut peppers, onions and celery... so I ran with it.

After work I stopped by Alex's office for a bit and then we ran an errand and I came home. I had every intention of cooking healthy stir fry with veggies and chicken over brown rice... but that didn't happen. Fatigue set in by the time I got home at 7pm.

Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast - apple/pomegranate unsweetened sauce (1)
Lunch - peppers, onions, celery, mushrooms and tomato in vinegar and mrs. dash (0), plum (1), peach (1), applesauce (1), 4oz chicken with spicy mrs. dash (4)
Dinner - chicken drumstick, skinless (2), skinless chicken thigh (1)... then 1c fibre 1 (3), 1c guardian cinnamon cereal (2), 1c milk (2)
Snacking while baking (ask about the guilt I feel... or tummy ache) - light nutriwhip while baking (3)

Tomorrow I don't go in to work until the afternoon... Hopefully I can make the morning a productive one. I went out and bought TONS of fruit on my lunch today so I can't wait to eat fruits and vegetables and chicken tomorrow!!!

No photos of food from today. Instead, here's a couple of photos of my new FINDS at Sobey's (whilst shopping for healthy FRUIT of course!)



Apparently the golden oreos are the original white girl guide cookies. Years ago Christie stopped making the girl guide cookies because they couldn't guarantee a 'peanut free' environment... so another company (forget who) took over the girl guide label... but christie came out with golden oreos in their place (at least this is according to a coworker who lives and breathes girl guides, she is a leader and has been for many many years). I haven't actually even eaten any of them yet. I feel proud looking at them and NOT diving in to them!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Those oreos look good, if only they had icing in them! The vanilla GG cookies were definitely THE best. You'll have to let me know how they are.
It must be nice but weird not to have the limitations on your food right now! Looks like you made some very good choices!
And don't save your 100 cal packs too long. Some of mine get stale and gross because I'm "saving" them for some reason that I'm not yet aware of :)
Oh, and I'm happy to have my daily dose of Jen back as well!!!

Anonymous said...

The new Girl Guide Cookies (made by Dare) aren't worth the calories. They didn't taste right before, and now that Dare is removing 90% of the trans-fats, they REALLY won't taste right.

If you really want to indulge, I found that nibbling those tiny fake cookies just isn't as satisfying as having one (yes, ONE) of the actual ones. Besides, how can they call it an "Oreo" or a "Fudgee-O" if it isn't even a sandwich cookie?

For fans of the Christie-baked Girl Guide Cookies, Golden Oreos and Fudgee-Os are the exact same things, except in the designs on each cookie.