Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lentils & Protein Hump Day

Happy Hump day… err… night.

Headed to bed!

My activity is nil. For many various reasons. I am determined to do something about it, but then the next day comes, something else comes up… and BAM. No jog.  I have to get to sleep earlier at night for sure.

I have no idea how I’m going to do at Weigh in tomorrow!!  I’m not feeling so optimistic!

I only have 1 food photo.  Dinner.  Took 1/2c quinoa, put some Amy’s black bean & veggie soup (approx 1/2c) on there, then some salsa and some black beans. Heated it up and ate it. Heaven in my mouth. Soooo GOOD!  There are days I survive without cheese and think I could be vegan… for a week anyway!

DSCN4537

So, tonight…. after getting some of my 1000 photos into albums (yes, 2 years of nephew photos add up!  Plus a Vegas trip!).

So, I have a lot of oats in my kitchen. I’ve been dying to make homemade granola bars or even granola (and might this weekend). Last night I read Susan's blog and got inspired. Why not whip up my own version of a non-bake protein n’ oat bar?  So, that’s exactly what I did.

I mixed:

  • 2c oats
  • 1/4c natural peanut butter
  • 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
  • 1/4c raisins
  • 2tbsp each of pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds & unsweetened coconut
  • sprinkle of hulled hemp seeds
  • sprinkle of chia seeds
  • 3/4c water
  • 1.5tsp agave

Mixed it all up and put it in a square pan

DSCN4542

I’ve put it in the freezer for now, but will move it to the fridge before bed (in 7min).  I’ve done the calculations. When cut up into 8 bars here’s the stats (roughly) for each bar

  • cals: 155
  • fat: 7g
  • sodium: 133g
  • carbs: 13g
  • sugars: 4g
  • fibre: 2g
  • protein: 9g

Total points per bar? 3

I may have tried a teensy weensy bite of it and may have decided I LOVE it!

See you on the flip side of tomorrow!

No comments: