Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday post #2

Not much to report since I last posted... but I'll fill you in on my day.

First, I managed to enjoy a nice jog!

Also, I managed to get a little bit of cleaning done... and then a lot of relaxing!

Here's what I ate...
Breakfast: ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread (2), 1tbsp natural PB (2), cinnamon (0), apple (1)
Snack: carrot cake clif bar (5) - loving clif bars! They're like a big cookie!
Lunch: flatout x2 (2), chicken (1), cheese (1), salsa (0), black beans, corn & red onion (0)
Snack: popcorn (3)
Dinner: salad w/ feta (2), garden burger (1), EVOO/balsamic/garlic/frank's salad dressing (2)
Total: 22
Water: 3L

Tonight's salad:So... Friday night's dinner was really good (well, for those of us who eat poultry!). I remember reading a recipe years ago for some slow cooker chicken. I can't find the exact recipe any more... although I saw similar ones... so, I sort of winged it and made it my own. I took 2 chicken breasts (thawed... boneless, skinless... of course).... and on Friday morning I put them in the slow cooker with a crap load of salsa and some water... I also threw in black beans & corn (my favourite little mixture you know) and some red onion. When I came home Friday night I was able to pull apart the chicken just like you would do with 'pulled pork'... and mix it all up in the salsa/corn/bean mixture. It was so yummy! We put the mexican pulled chicken into some flatout wraps with some grated cheese... then grilled them. I put some sour cream on top of mine, Alex dipped his into sour cream on the side. You'd think I would have thought to take pictures... but I didn't!! We have already decided that will be this coming Friday night's dinner as well... I'll take photos then. It's a really tasty, low point... and CHEAP dinner!

No comments: