Monday, September 14, 2009

Back in the saddle (again!)

Well... back to my regular Mondays.

Today started off with sleeping in a wee bit, followed by some breakfast, a morning jog... then off to work. I also enjoyed watching some of the new Dr. Oz show. I like when I catch him on Oprah... so I'm joyed to watch his show. Today's premiere lived up to my expectations. I have so much to learn from that man!

I have come home from work tonight and am proud to announce that I have not eaten anything. Back to the 'no eating after 7pm' rule (for *most* of the week)!

Here's what I ate today...
Breakfast: ww toast (1), egg (2)
Lunch: 1c ww pasta (3), tuna (1), cheese (2), red onion (0)
Snack: green smoothie (3), apple cut up with loads of cinnamon (1) - hello apple season! And hello to cinnamon, something Dr. Oz says will help with sweet cravings!
Snack #2 during a meeting: chocolate peanut crunch Clif bar (5) - enjoying Clif bars still. Like a big cookie... but 5 whole points is a lot!
Dinner: taco salad w/ lettuce (0), 1/8c black beans (0), 1/8c corn (0), red onion (0), 1/3c Yves Mexican Veggie Ground Round (2), 30g light monteray jack cheese (2), salsa (0)... yogurt (1)
Total: 22
Water: 4.5L!!! No wonder I visited the little powder room so often!

Lunch (nothing exciting):So... fall is upon us. Time to embrace apples and citrus fruit. Time to make soups, stews and chilis. Time to go back to good old trick of evening tea as a treat. Ahhh fall... the season where you start to sleep more comfy at night thanks to the little nip in the air... the season of my birthday, alex's birthday... and our '6 year anniversary'... the season we TRY to avoid all the Halloween candy... and start to embrace the Christmas season. Time to accept the shorter days and pull myself out of bed at 6am despite the fact that it's dark out. Fall... I will welcome thee (but don't hurry along... I don't mind an Indian summer). I have changed my blog 'look' to reflect my embracing of fall.

No comments: