Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I Am. Rookie

I made a rookie mistake today. I had a sweet night’s sleep last night. When the alarm went off at 6am I realized I really didn’t NEED to wake up that early while my plan is only 30min jogs. So, although I had gotten up to go to the bathroom and felt wide awake, I still let myself go back to sleep for a half an hour. Guess what happened next… I couldn’t wake up! I slept in until after 7! Oops!  Won’t do that again!

The good news is that I managed a short yoga session this evening AND a jog. I increased the speed on my jog and it hurt my ankles, shins and knees (knees? seriously? Holy I am fat!).  BUT, I decided it was mind over matter, took a couple of 1min breaks… and pushed through the pain. I know I have to start somewhere to get back into jogging shape!

Today’s food:

Breakfast: 2 egg whites with sea salt and pepper (0), banana (2) (picture is from the other day – no ketchup today)

DSCN4651

Snack: 1/2c Greek Liberte (1), 1/4c granola (1)

DSCN4625

Lunch: 1/2c quinoa (2), spinach (0), tuna salad with mustard and hot peppers (1) *Sorry, no photos!*, 1c pineapple and mango (1)

Snack: chocolate protein brownie batter (3)

Dinner: 1/2c ff cottage cheese (2), 1/2 banana (1), 1/2c granola (2)… low fat old cheddar (2) – cheese not pictured!

DSCN4700 DSCN4701

NOW, in keeping with my honesty… I did do some licking the spoon while baking lemon cupcakes tonight. SO, I’m going to count BLT’s today as 3pts.

Total: 21pts

Water: 3L

Tonight has included yoga, jog, baking & filling & icing cupcakes, making lunch for tomorrow, doing dishes… and now I am off to whip up a couple of quick birthday cards for girls at work (scrapbooking style) and hit the hay!

Happy Hump day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job with the jog! (Wow say that 5 times fast LOL!) You're right, starting somewhere will get you there. Just keep it up and go very slow and you'll get there, promise - I'm living proof.

I love your new background color!

Jaime said...

Story of my life. I cannot get up in the morning if I don't have to drive FH to work. EVER.

The knee pain probably is only partially due to weight. My knees always hurt when I run more than about 20 mins on the treadmill. Our bodies aren't actually meant for slamming into a rotating apparatus!!