Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Family Day!

Happy Family Day to all in Ontario!  I apologize to those of you who didn’t have a statutory holiday today.

I slept in again today (I am going to HATE my alarm tomorrow… after 4 days of sleeping in until 8 and 9am!).  I did some relaxing, some couch/TV time, some cleaning (I LOVE clean floors and a clean kitchen. These 2 things are difficult to accomplish when a. you live in a small apartment without much cupboard room and b. you have a dog and a bird – floors are NEVER clean).

I also managed a jog this evening!  It was the BEST jog I’ve had since Christmas. The first 20min were tough and I wanted to quit, but I pushed through and made it to 45min!

Here’s what I ate today

Breakfast: 1c mixed fruit – mango, pineapple and strawberry (1), 1/2c Greek yogurt (1), 1/4c. Kashi toasted berry cereal (1)

DSCN4809

Lunch was leftover lasagna casserole, 1c beefed up with some extra tomatoes and mushrooms (7)

DSCN4811 DSCN4815

Snack was 3 baked weight watcher tortillas (3) and just a teeny a taste of hummus on 2 of the chips (0)

DSCN4823 DSCN4824

The next snack was going to be a berry smoothie.  I threw some mango, strawberry (2pts) and a whole ripe banana (2pts) into the blender with some water. It came out too thin. I threw in some guar gum and xanthan gum to thicken it. It suddenly became like ice cream. It was so. freaking. good. I drizzled about 1tsp of agave on it. I only ate half of it for snack (2)

DSCN4817 DSCN4822

After my jog I wasn’t hungry for dinner but knew I should eat something… so I added 1 full scoop of vanilla protein powder to the leftover berry ice cream and had it (4)!!

So, today’s total points = 19

Water = 3L – but I’m going to have a bit more.

I usually watch the Bachelor on Mondays (yes, I’m one of THOSE girls!) when I get home from my late evening at work… but the Olympics are definitely winning out tonight. Especially watching the speed skating rink drama now… Go Parrott!

GO CANADA GO!

Canada Flag

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whooo, hoo!! a 45 mins jog is awesome WTG! :)

That smoothie looks delish and totally ice cream-like. Mmm mmm!