Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another week, another cake!

Well, there's the cake I made this week. It's all edible. The flowers are royal icing... basically just icing sugar and water and meringue powder. No real taste to them and they are hard... but you could eat them if you wanted to!

I have been exhausted this week (and last). I don't think I have any excuse except that laziness has a snowball effect and it's hard to break that snowball! I was tired when I came home last night and basically went straight to bed. Today I woke up with yet another headache and decided the only way to get rid of this week-long headache was to call in SICK to work! yay me! i think i'm finally over feeling really guilty calling in... because i sure didn't today. I rested and went for a MASSAGE... it was the most perfect massage ever. The lady told me I carry tension in my jaw and back of my head/top of my neck... that was something my 2 other MT's I've been to never noticed. It all makes sense... when I get a headache I feel like I have to relax or stretch my jaw or something.. voila! now i know why! I got home from my massage and chose to just relax and nap on and off (as well as do dishes and clean the bathroom and wash the floors... it sounds like more work than it is. when you live in an apt the size of a closet, cleaning doesn't take much work).

I'll be going to WI this week but expect I'll be up. damn sam. I have to get my momentum back. every day is so busy it seems... but that's no excuse. it's going to be this way well into the fall at this point. i have to adjust and find the energy and time to exercise.

here's what I ate today:
Breakfast
- egg (2), oatmeal (2)
Lunch - salad with allegro cheese (1), 1 tin tuna (2), veggies (0), hot pepper rings (0), 3 tbsp ff italian (0), 1/2c unsweetened applesauce (1), yogurt (1)
Snack - banana (2)
Dinner - broccoli (0), 11 europe's best baby potatoes (2), chicken breast (3) in EVOO (2)
Snack - 1.5 whole cups multigrain LIFE cereal (4), 1c skim milk (2)

Good luck tomorrow!!! I think my upcoming weekend will help me focus for next week.. I'm staying around the city and working at SickKids Sunday evening (that usually helps me NOT pig out on the weekend... being around eating disorder patients!)

No comments: