Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Winner winner, protein dinner!

So, a while ago I won some Prairie Naturals Protein Powder from Lynn.  Well, it arrived last week!!  After some issues to iron out with the delivery company, I was overjoyed when it showed up!!

DSCN6279 

It smells so sweet. I wanted to put a spoon in and eat the powder (but I didn’t).  Alex thought it smelled like strawberries and cream… and I have to totally agree.

The first thing I made was an egg white/protein powder/crofter’s concoction.  It was dessert. It was good.

DSCN6283

Then this week I made a berry smoothie with it. 

DSCN6317

I conclude, based on the aforementioned consumption of this protein powder, that I really like it!

Here’s some food highlights from yesterday

First, we have my Chobani. I was so excited to try my very first one.  at $2.99 a pop I savoured it.  I usually keep my food in my own insulated bag at my desk at work, but I wanted this to stay cold so I also labelled it carefully before putting it in the communal fridge at work. I was taking NO chances.

DSCN6321 DSCN6327

Mmmmm, it was good. Loved the tiny pieces of pomegranate in it.

DSCN6328

DSCN6329

Yesterday also involved other food…

DSCN6322

DSCN6323

DSCN6324

DSCN6326

Today I wasn’t so hungry and only had more berries for food during the day.  Tonight was too hot to cook so I stopped for some dinner at the grocery store:

DSCN6334

Then I had a protein bar I made with the raspberry strawberry protein powder… I added oats, honey, protein powder, water and a bunch of dried berries… let it set and had this tonight:

DSCN6338

So good.

Well, maybe I’ll update you on how my weight loss is going since leaving weight watchers.  It’s not really.  I’m basically maintaining.  I have had zero exercise… for various (and lame) reasons.  I keep telling myself I’ll pick up again when I get my gym membership (which I have to wait for June to get… our employer only does enrolments once a month).  I really shouldn’t wait.  Sooooo… this weekend the plan is to get activity in on Sunday. I am working on Saturday, so being realistic I know I won’t get exercise in before work.  I’m not throwing in the towel! I am just working on NOT seeing this as a WW vacation… I need to keep up my efforts!

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying the Whey Powder, it really is the best that I've ever had. Most stuff just tastes chalky and gross.

I am SO jealous of your Chobani. :)