Monday, May 03, 2010

Half way

It’s May 3rd. I have officially been 31 years old for 6 months. I still have 6 more months to go before I turn 32.  I hope it doesn’t go too quickly!

Today started out with the Couch to 5K week 4.  This is week 4, volume 2. I decided my shins were still hurting too much. They were hurting yet again today. I think there are a couple of reasons. 1 – physically, I can’t go more than a couple of days without jogging. 2 – psychologically, I think I need to relax more when I jog and just enjoy it rather than focus on shin pain. I think that’s when I don’t just relax my ankle and I thump my foot down… and then my shins hurt.  In order to help out today I decreased my speed. The couch to 5K suggests a speed to go, but I think it was too fast for what I’m ready for at this point.

Breakfast was skipped (oops) because time flew. Bad girl.

Brunch was 3 lettuce wraps (0) with a chicken breast (2) and some cream cheese (1) and a few pieces of shrimp (0)

DSCN6182 DSCN6186

Snack was a smoothie with some mango, strawberry and banana (1), greek yogurt (1), and honey (1)

DSCN6187

Dinner was a salad with veggies (0), shrimp (1) and light cheddar (2).  An old favourite dressing reappeared too – 1tsp EVOO (1), balsamic vinegar (0), frank’s (0) and garlic (0)

DSCN6189

Followed by some strawberries (1), vanilla greek yogurt (2) and some kashi toasted berry cereal (1)

DSCN6191 DSCN6192

Not pictured is 1 1/2 pieces of banana bread brought in by a colleague (5?)

I had every intention of doing yoga when I got home tonight but by the time I got home, made lunch/snacks for tomorrow and did the dishes… I must now go to bed!

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Police Girl said...

The dessert looks delicious!
I've been doing too much as well ~ it took the fun out of running. It's a good idea to relax & go slower for a while:)

Single Sassy and Saved said...

The lettuce wrap looks so good!!!!