Saturday, October 01, 2011

Welcome October!

This morning the house was f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g when we got out of bed (finally… at an ungodly hour).  We actually put the fireplace on in the family room to help take the chill out of the air.  But, after lighting the pilot light and having it on for all of 2 minutes, we turned it out (including the pilot light).  We’re just not ready for the heat to be on.  Instead, we layered up and got busy doing household chores in order to warm up.

I started us off with some fall breakfast.

DSCN9416

Just a little something I brought back from Chicago with us in the summer.

Next came chocolate chip cookies.  6 dozen to be exact.

thecookies

Then I decided to make soup.  I landed on Rachael Ray's Curried Carrot Soup. It was pretty spicy, but I still enjoyed a bowl of it.

DSCN9418

DSCN9423

Now I have pumpkin pie meringues in the oven and crafts on the kitchen table.  Christmas crafts to be exact… I’m working on making a wreath!  Then… Christmas cards!  Hello fall!

No comments: