Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This weekend was Thanksgiving here in Canada.  We had 3 holiday dinners to attend.  It was wonderful.  Here are some photos of the baking I did.  I’m proud to tell you I barely ate any of it (of course, I had to sample some).

DSCN9460

DSCN9474

Pumpkin cupcakes and lemon cupcakes

DSCN9470

Pumpkin pie meringues

DSCN9475

Chocolate sticky squares

After turkey dinner #1 on Saturday (which was at lunch time), we joined my parents for a boat ride around the lake.  The sun was shining, the water was calm… and the trees were beautiful.  Here are some photos to share.

The locks

DSCN9493

The beautifully calm lake (Balsam Lake)

DSCN9495

The warm sun and its reflection on the lake. It was as warm as it looks!

DSCN9500

DSCN9503

Some “cottages” on the lake.  They’re huge.

DSCN9508

Our family lot is in behind those trees

DSCN9512

We startled some Canada Geese. They flew away.

DSCN9521

The channel between Balsam Lake and Cameron Lake

DSCN9536

I hope your weekend was wonderful and you all find yourselves with something to be thankful for.

No comments: