Sunday, October 02, 2011

My Scones!

Have you had the Starbucks pumpkin scones?  Yeah… pretty damn good.

I’ve decided I don’t embrace pumpkin enough.  Apparently we’re lucky here in that we can get pumpkin all year round…. but of course, we all enjoy it more in the fall. This year I’m going to use it a lot more. 

Enter pumpkin scones.

I pretty much followed this recipe but made a couple of minor changes.

My version of pumpkin scones:

    • 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp raw sugar
    • 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
    • 2 tsp baking powder
    • 1/2 tsp baking soda
    • 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    • 1/2 cups becel light margarine
    • 2 cups pureed pumpkin

Mix the dry ingredients (minus 2 tbsp sugar), Cut in margarine and mix until crumbly.  Add the pumpkin.  Form dough in to a ball and knead on a lightly floured surface.  When ready, form in to a shape you can cut in to 8 (or more) triangles (like pizza slices).  Sprinkle the remaining 2 tbsp of raw sugar on top. Bake at 425F for 20min or until as done as you’d like!

DSCN9403

DSCN9412

No comments: