Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Reality & Recovery

I’m not going to lie.  I thought I did fairly well this weekend.  I didn’t eat desserts at 2 of the 3 Thanksgiving meals.  I didn’t snack.  I had 2 glasses of wine all weekend.

The scale told me today that I really did indulge too much.  I guess I could lie to myself, but the scale won’t lie to me.

I honestly don’t know where I went wrong.  But I was pretty upset today.  Luckily, I didn’t reach for a cookie.  I ate healthy.

Breakfast was some pumpkin oats (which, were really to die for):

  • 1/4c oats
  • 1/4c egg whites
  • 1/4c pumpkin
  • 1tbsp chia seeds
  • 1tsp pumpkin pie spice

I mixed them all up & cooked them in the microwave.  While it was still hot I added 1tbsp natural PB.  It tasted a lot better than it looked.

DSCN9539

Lunch was a smoothie.

  • 1/2 small frozen banana
  • 1/2c frozen strawberries
  • unsweetened almond breeze
  • spinach
  • chocolate Amazing Grass
  • 1/2 scoop protein powder

DSCN9541

DSCN9542

For more specifics about what I ate today in order to recover from the weekend… check out my food diary!

No comments: