Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Chick Pea Love

Did you already check out my food diary for today?

There are definite perks to cohabitating with an Indian boy.  One of those perks is definitely his family.  His family are some of the kindest and most generous people ever.  His loving mother loves to cook for us… and I love when she does.  At least once or twice a month we get at least 1 dinner and 1 lunch out of the cooking she sends to us many wonderful dishes, but my favourite is her chick peas.  Today I enjoyed some of her chick peas and a couple of chapatis for lunch.  Mmmmmm.

DSCN8641

Is your mouth watering? 

DSCN8643

Dinner was simple.  A leftover Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchilada.

DSCN8644

Rewind to breakfast yesterday… just because I happen to have a photo of it.  Homemade waffle, PB & banana.

DSCN8637

DSCN8636

 

When we first looked at this house (and when we bought it) I thought I wanted to rip up the patio stones and build a deck. 

The walkout we have now:

DSCN8630

The patio:

DSCN8631

I have since changed my mind about that plan.  I have realized having a patio provides much more privacy than a deck would.  When your back yard is like a cell surrounded by everyone else’s backyard cells, you need a certain amount of privacy (thanks to that fence).  So, instead I will focus on trying to make our grass greener and building nice flower beds.  Hopefully the flowers I transplanted survive and I have beautiful blooms one day!

No comments: