Saturday, August 28, 2010

Results!

I am a couple of days late posting this… but I weighed in this week and I was DOWN 3.3lbs!

In other news… WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!  After 10 years of living in apartment buildings (6 in this one), I will now be calling a house my own (along with Alex).  It all happened pretty quick.  We looked at 7 houses (over 2 days), but went with the very first house we went through.  Closing date is October 15th… we will do minimal work and likely move in around the 28th (Disclaimer: all of this is pending a home inspection on Tuesday).  I will wait and post pictures of the interior after we move in.  We are very much in love with the house AND the neighbourhood (a little city just east of Toronto).  I can’t wait to cook and bake in my new kitchen (which overlooks a family room with a fireplace, high ceilings and skylights!).

I’m so excited, I can’t even sleep.  I’m on cloud 9 all the time. It feels so good to pick a house together and start out at our first home together… knowing it’s the one we both love and want to be in.  Next… we will be buying ALL new furniture (living room, dining room, family room and master bedroom).  All of this will be rewarded the first night in my new home while I take a bath in my master ensuite corner jacuzzi soaker tub.  I can feel the jets melting away my tension already…

I have discovered a wonderful diet.  It’s the ‘I’m buying a house and am too excited to eat or sleep’ diet.  My appetite has disappeared totally this week.  Once I’m sitting with food in front of me (usually at dinner) I can eat it… but otherwise, I’m not hungry.  I hope the sleep returns to normal… I won’t mind if I lose a LITTLE of my far too healthy appetite!

I have no photos for you.  I have to head out of town… but I wanted to be sure to update you on the events of my life.  I have no idea what my schedule looks like… but as always, will try to blog more regularly!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Congrats on the loss and HUGE congrats on the house, how exciting!

Jen
http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/