Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ah, Life…

Sometimes life happens.  I am not immune to this.  Life seems to have gotten busy, for no specific reason.  This is always a busy time of year for me with birthdays, anniversaries…. and anything else that can be thrown at me!

My new resolution is to blog when I can for now, but come fall (read: SEPTEMBER), I hope to be back to blogging every day.  Perhaps I’ll have something interesting going on to blog about!  One can dream…

The GOOD news in all of this is that I’ve been so busy I haven’t had time for mindless eating!  Last week I didn’t post my weigh in… but I stayed the same.  That doesn’t help for my goal of 33lbs by 32yrs of age on November 3rd!  I’m back to the gym (when I can… again, that thing called life sometimes throws a wrench in my plans), I’m counting points, and I have high hopes for this week (crap… did I just jinx myself?).  I’m still working of my goal of daily early morning yoga.  I will get there!

I’m just going to share with you some of the food I’ve been eating lately… you want pictures, right?

Salads… I’ve been a little (dare I say) bored with my salads lately, so I’ve bought a couple of salads at the grocery store to inspire me. 

DSCN7360 DSCN7361 DSCN7377

I’ve also enjoyed some Ontario Peaches…

DSCN7375 

And my old fave, cottage cheese on a Weight Watcher thin (with a side of 1/2c grapes)…

DSCN7386

Finally… some food I bought in Chicago while visiting my sister and her fam…

Lot’s of different bars to try.  My favourite protein bar (so far) has been the Kashi GoLean ROLL!

DSCN7364DSCN7370 DSCN7365 DSCN7359

I’ve also got to say… while I don’t eat many frozen dinners.  This one is THE BEST.  I usually love the Sante Fe Rice & beans (you can get in Canada).  I tried this one that I got in Michigan.  Holy CRAP.  It is too freaking good.  It’s got a nice kick to it and the cheese sauce is divine!!

DSCN7346 DSCN7347

DSCN7348

More bars…

DSCN7337 DSCN7376

DSCN7380 DSCN7381

A Smart Ones breakfast.  It was alright. I’m not sad I can’t buy it in Canada though.DSCN7384 DSCN7383

Well, I’m off to have my wheatgrass & POM shot, have my warm lemon water, make breakfast and lunch, do dishes and get myself ready for work.  Perhaps I’ll get to the gym today after work. Perhaps I’ll blog tonight.  Perhaps life will happen and all plans will change.  Who knows!

I will establish a new routine at some point. I miss the blog world.  I feel disconnected from all of you!

If anyone cares to share their favourite salad (as in, lettuce) that is practical for packing for lunch… I am all ears! 

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hate when life gets in the way of blogging ;) Take care!!

Jen
http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/