Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Where to Start?

Hello!  Remember me?

DSCN6095

I’ve been many places since you last saw me.  First, I was here:

DSCN7092

CHICAGO!  Why was I there?  To see family… including my favourite little guy in the whole world:

DSCN7242

(You see me hiding behind him?  I got FAAAAAAT!)

Chicago trip included some really NOT healthy food.  First, we had Mexican (I had shrimp tacos, chicken & cheese chimichangas, rice & black beans… Alex had the same but also had a chicken enchilada)

DSCN7047

DSCN7046

I also HAD to try THIS while I was there…

DSCN7232

I had 2 pieces.  Deep dish pizza… I love you. I am a thin crust girl at heart, but this was a little taste of heaven as well.  I think it’s a good thing I cannot get you in Toronto.

The trip included plenty of cuddles and playing on the “farm yard” with my nephew (this boy is ALL ABOUT tractors!!).

DSCN7032

Haha.  He’s a clown.

When we returned from Chicago I spent 1 day by myself (Chicklet and my parrot were at my parents’ house while I was away)… I had a facial and massage (heaven).  Afterwards I went to my parents’ house to stay there for a week while THEY went to Chicago to see the above cutie (their one and only grandchild). 

Before we got back, we made a stop at a grocery store around the corner from my sister’s house in Illinois

DSCN7277

DSCN7276

I only grabbed a few things there.  Overall, I was really disappointed I couldn’t find the new Larabar flavours ANYWHERE!!

So, now I’m back and working on getting back on track.  I returned to the gym today for the first time in almost 3 weeks!  I just did 30min of cardio. I didn’t want to go at all, but was really glad once I was there.

I have to get back into the habit of taking pictures of all of my food… I did grab one picture today!

DSCN7324

DSCN7328

Oh… and another one.  MINI LARABARS from the States!

DSCN7323

So… I’m ashamed to admit I’ve gained a HELLUVA lot of weight in the past year.  My scale reached an all time high after vacation. 

New goals:

1. Gym 5 days a week

2. Track every day (hello iPhone app!)

3. Yoga in the AM (before work)

4. Finally try the 30 day shred (when do I fit it in though??)

 

I’m going to play around with my points.  I did much better over a year ago when I ate a few points less than I was supposed to a few days a week.

Here’s what I ate today…

BF: banana (2), pb (2)

Snack: strawberries (2)

Lunch: salad with 1/4c chick peas (1), 1/2c ff cottage cheese (1), bunch o’ veggies (0), 3tbsp ff italian dressing (0)… Source Exotik yogurt (1), apple wedges with cinnamon (1)

Snack: green grapes (1), mini Larabar (2)

Dinner: flatout wrap (1), 2 wedges laughing cow cheese (2), light marble cheese (2), protein bar (3) – yes, random dinner.  Didn’t know what I wanted!!

Tomorrow is weigh in.  I’m starting fresh and counting last week (week back from vacation) as my first weigh in.  I turn 32 years old in November.  I plan to lose 32lbs by then!

Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

misssarahlou said...

Sounds like you had a fab vacation.... good luck with the 32lbs before 32 years! You can do it!!!!

Jaime said...

What a cute little man!

Good luck. You can totally do it!

ElleBee said...

Glad to hear from you Jen!

Looks like you've got a great plan to get back on track, I'll be following along of course! :)

GoodLife Fitness said...

Jen -
We love your blog and wanted to congratulate you on sticking to your workout goals!
Your story is inspiring and we look forward to reading more.