Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hello... Allow me to introduce myself!


Well, it's nearly noon... I'm supposed to be at work today but I called in sick. I felt horrible last night, unfortunately the catch-22 with calling in sick seems to be the guilt that goes with it only makes you feel worse.

Hold on, guess I should introduce myself first.

I'm a 27 year old girly-girl living and working in Toronto.

I live on my own with my chihuhau, "chicklet" (pictured). I also have a green-cheek conure parrot named "jem". I adopted him from someone who couldn't give him the time he needed and deserved... so by the time I got him he was 5 years old and is MEAN. but i still love him. he prefers to be called "baby", as that's the only word he really says clearly.

I have a boyfriend, we've been together 2 1/2 years or so. he's so wonderful. every girl should have a signifcant other as wonderful as mine. he treats me with respect and makes me feel like i am the most special and important person in the world. i can't say enough wonderful things about him.

I have 2 amazing and inspiring parents who have been married 30 years in june... and have been together for almost 40 years or so (and did i mention they are only 51 and 52 years old? they've been together since they were babies). my parents truly are my heroes... you couldn't ask for better, more supportive, or loving parents.

I also have 2 younger sisters. One of which has just finished her 2nd degree, and is now a social worker for the Children's Aid Society. She is also engaged to be married in september... the first of us 3 girls to get hitched. it's going to be a major party for our family... although i can already feel i'm going to cry when i see my dad walk her down the isle. the baby sister (who isn't a baby, but is almost 21 years old) is marching to the beat of her own drum and is taking advertising at college... you see, my mom, my middle sister, and myself are all in social/health servies and working with children... my dad is an engineer for GM... and my baby sister is being so brave by venturing out into a totally different field than anyone in our family.

so anyway, my sister's wedding leads me into my next topic... my weight loss journey. after struggling with my weight my entire life, i decided to let my cousin (who also struggled with her weight) to inspire me... she lost 65lbs or so on weight watchers... and i decided that i would bite the bullet and join myself so i could look and feel better by the time my sister's wedding came around. i joined on july 15th, 2005. i walked into the meeting on my own, and scared to death... i had no idea what to expect. i don't know that anyone could have prepared me for when i first stepped on the scale. i hadn't been on a scale in a few years... i wanted to cry. i felt so embarassed and ashamed. i started counting my points the next day... at my next weigh-in i was down 4lbs and i was hooked. it was such a good feeling. now, i'm down 50.2lbs. i won't tell anyone how much i have to lose, i'll just tell you when i get there (partially because i haven't decided on my goal weight either yet).

this is going to be a place for me to vent about my weight-loss struggles, celebrate my accomplishments, and discuss everything else that goes on in the meantime.

so sit back, enjoy the ride... and check back often!!

No comments: