Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, October 21, 2013

Starting Over Yet Again

Any SATC lovers out there? Maybe you'll appreciate the post title. 

Hello!  I'm back again. It feels great to be back.  I hope I still have some readers out there but I really don't know how many people blog anymore!

I've been gone for a while.  At least for a year.  You see, one year ago today I found out I was pregnant. I vowed to be healthy during pregnancy, but life happened and goals fell to the wayside. I did manage to keep my pregnancy weight gain to under 30lbs.  

I had a perfect pregnancy.  I was fortunate enough to love every minute of it.  Then, on May 29 (1 month & 1 day before my due date) my little boy decided to make his entrance early and in a whirlwind.  My water broke (surprising the crap out of me) in the middle of a very stormy night (doesn't he know mommy is afraid of storms?). He ended up arriving via emergency c section because the cord was wrapped around his torso and his heart rate was dropping with every (very painful) contraction.  He came out at 5lbs 5oz and a gorgeous full head of hair.  I only saw him briefly before he was off to the NICU and I spent 12 long hours apart from him on bed rest after the c section.  Then... I finally met and held my baby boy who I had dreamed of cuddling. 
Here I am... Meeting him and crying my eyes out (hello hormones!). My sweet boy. 

Fast forward to today. 

I can't believe it's been a year since I found out my world was changing. 

I love being a mom.  I had no idea I would love it this much.  I'm lucky to have a healthy & happy baby   So lucky.  And it doesn't hurt that he's pretty darn cute. 

Anyway... What I don't love is my post baby body.  That's why I'm here.  It's time to get back to losing weight!

I'm doing this at home & not paying anyone any money (hello mat leave income!  No top up for me... Just unemployment!  I'm tracking my calories on http://www.myfitnesspal.com and reporting on everything here. 

If you're still reading... I thank you & hope you'll come back!

 

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Such a cute little reason to gain a few lbs! :)

Jen Nifer said...

Jaime - your comment disappeared but I saw it :). He's the cute reason I must get healthy now!