Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My favourite lunch

I have a new favourite lunch.  It’s a combination of a salad and a hearty meal… with a kick.

It’s simple.  A bed of baby spinach, some homemade lentil loaf… topped with Mmmm sauce.  Have you visited Mama Pea?  If not… I highly recommend her.  I do believe her cookbook will be added to my birthday/Christmas wish list.

DSCN9354

There’s the spinach bed with lentil loaf.  It’s my own recipe for the lentil loaf.  I’m going to do a whole post on it another time.

Throw on some mmmm sauce and we have perfection.

DSCN9355

DSCN9356

You don’t understand my love affair with this sauce.  Last month, instead of sweets… I craved this stuff.  I ate it for lunch, came home from work… and ate it by the spoonful still.

Love

DSCN9272

DSCN9274

I have to go.  I need to make more of it.

In closing… just for fun… here’s a birthday cake I made a couple of weeks ago.  It’s supposed to be a dump truck.  Does it look like one?

DSCN9311

1 comment:

Alison Fay said...

SO cute! How did you make that??? I'd love to do that for my stepson...