Sunday, April 10, 2011

‘Tis the season!

Have I mentioned I adore living in a house?  For about 10 summers I dreamed of being able to BBQ.  I could smell people in houses near my apartment buildings BBQ’ing their dinners and my mouth watered.  The first thing my parents bought us when we moved in to this house was a BBQ. We moved in late October though… so BBQ season was short.

Yesterday we took the pup for a walk and came home and decided to enjoy a BBQ.  Alex took to the grill while I made a salad.  I had 2 chicken sausages in whole wheat buns with a salad on the side (romaine, tomato, cucumber, cheese, sun dried tomato and bacon bits).

DSCN8427

DSCN8428

DSCN8429

Followed by fluff for dessert…

DSCN8432

For more on my eats… just check out my food diary.

Today my challenge was lunch out with my cousin (who I haven’t seen in a year and a half!). We decided to meet half way between our houses to eat lunch at Wimpy’s diner.  Meeting half way meant only a 25min drive for each of us.  I wasn’t sure what I would have for lunch so I started the day out with a delicious and healthy smoothie

DSCN8433

Turns out, my cousin has recently lost 40lbs and was being quite healthy.  She ordered a garden salad without any cheese or dressing.  Basically she had a bowl of lettuce, tomato and cucumber.  I had the same but added 3oz of grilled chicken breast and 2 tbsp of Italian dressing.

Tonight’s dinner was Indian food!

DSCN8434

Tomorrow’s plan is a nice long bike ride in the morning.  Yesterday I pulled out a 50min bike ride, followed by half an hour of walking the dog!

1 comment:

hrclark said...

We had sausage's last night... mmmm I love BBQ season!