Saturday, April 09, 2011

Keeping track

We all know tracking works.  Before I started Weight Watchers in 2005 I thought I would never get used to tracking what I ate.  It seemed like so much work!  I quickly realized that writing down what you eat isn’t so hard and it’s a great way to get a visual of what you’ve consumed in a day (and deter you from going overboard and feeling like a p-i-g!). 

When I was at my most determined (and down 70lbs!) I was counting points AND counting calories.  I used The Daily Plate to track my calories.  I learned a lot about food as a whole, not just using calories, fibre and fat to count points. 

Fast forward to today.  I have discovered My Fitness Pal and am quite enjoying using it on my iPhone and on the net.  It’s so easy to quickly enter what I’m eating on my phone.  I’ve got quite the awesome support network on there and it’s quite fun.  I believe it was Lynn who first brought MFP to my attention (I was trying a few other iPhone apps for tracking).  It has quickly become my favourite and really works (as long as I’m working!).

I’ve made my food diary public… so now you don’t have to wait until I blog to see what I ate in a day! I warn you… sometimes on the blog I pick and choose what I tell you about eating.  My food diary won’t lie… you’ll see the good, the bad and the ugly that I ingested.

Lately I’ve been trying to add some decorations here and there in the house to make it feel a little more like home.  I think I’ve finally found the table centerpiece in the dining room… What do you think?

DSCN8421

I attempted to make a flower arrangement for the living room (which is in the same space as the dining room).  I’m not sure I’m completely satisfied with it… but I’ll keep it for now and see if it grows on me. What do you think of it?

DSCN8423DSCN8424

And finally I added a vase and some sort of dried flower arrangement in the window space above the TV

DSCN8418

I leave you with a food photo… a huge salad I made for dinner at work on Monday.  It had a ton of stuff in it (including relish for crunch! Yum!) and I loved it.  I can’t wait to make more salads this week.

DSCN8404

Don’t forget to check out my food diary.  I’ll likely link to it in my posts… but I’ve added a permanent link towards the top right of the page (under my weight loss badge).

See you soon!

No comments: