Thursday, May 17, 2012

Well hello there

It appears I’ve taken a lengthy blogging break yet again.

I’m beyond happy that spring is well under way.  In fact, this weekend it’s looking like it could feel like summer… it’s going to feel like +29C!  Check it out…

Maylongwknd

It wasn’t so long ago (last month!) that we had another dumping of snow!

DSC_0046

So… what’s been going on?  Well, After my last physical my doctor had a lot of good things to tell me.  My thyroid is excellent, as is my cholesterol, B12, blood sugar, blood pressure… and almost everything else.  The only concern was my hormone levels.  After many more doctor’s visits and some ultrasounds, I’ve been diagnosed with PCOS.  It’s now crucial that I lose the weight I’ve gained.  I don’t want to live with these cysts inside me… and losing weight is going to be the best thing I can do.

I’ve been tracking food in my food diary (on My Fitness Pal) again.  I’m exercising 6 to 7 days a week.  I’m eating (mostly), clean.  Maybe it’s time to try blogging again too. I’ve found myself taking some photos of my food lately…

DSC_0019

DSC_0260

DSC_0017 (3)

DSC_0018 (3)

DSC_0798

DSC_0795-001

DSC_0796-001

I’ve been doing a different job since November.  It’s a job which has more stress and more work… but it’s also a job I’ve learned a lot in and been fortunate enough to receive a lot of training in.  The job, which started as a contract, has become a permanent position.  I, however, have decided not to apply for it.  I’m ready to go back to my 9-5 job.  It remains to be seen exactly when I will go back to my old job (it depends on when this one gets filled)… but it could be as early as mid-summer.  I’m hoping having that schedule back will help blogging easier again!

1 comment:

healthyjen said...

Testing comments from my iPhone!